·News
  ·Download
  ·Features
  ·Screen Shots
» Port Forwarder
  ·News
  ·Download
Shout Box

Only registered users can shout. Please login or create an account.
Who's Online
There are currently, 47 guest(s) and 0 member(s) that are online.

You are Anonymous user. You can register for free by clicking here
Total Hits
We received
page views since december 2006
Arcade

Latest High Score set by
Chaos
with 4250 on spankthemonkey.swf
--------
The Top Players

1 - Arjex
Number Of Wins : 8

2 - zomglol
Number Of Wins : 6

3 - sniper_killer
Number Of Wins : 5

4 - BloodBullet
Number Of Wins : 5

5 - topperswat
Number Of Wins : 4

6 - Excruciator
Number Of Wins : 4

7 - Blazer
Number Of Wins : 3

8 - pepsi
Number Of Wins : 2

9 - squall
Number Of Wins : 2

10 - the-knight
Number Of Wins : 1

11 - Kayserii

12 - Chaos

13 - thelastone46

14 - Peeterfromra

15 - Matt

16 - saint

17 - Organika

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/header.php:32) in /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/includes/sessions.php on line 239 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/header.php:32) in /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/includes/sessions.php on line 240
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/header.php:32) in /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/includes/page_header.php on line 480 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/header.php:32) in /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/includes/page_header.php on line 482 Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/header.php:32) in /customers/f/b/0/dfzone.be/httpd.www/includes/page_header.php on line 483 http://www.dfzone.be :: View topic - Getting BHD Demo Online again and/or in dfzone's lobby
Getting BHD Demo Online again and/or in dfzone's lobby
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
skyway

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Getting BHD Demo Online again and/or in dfzone's lobby Reply with quote

I am sure you heard many of the Nova games are offline as of last month, July 2008.
Any chance we can use your lobby or get some help creating one for BHD Demo or perhaps a lobby were most Nova players can connect to?

I can get BHD demo to connect to any lobby, but not able to host to see if I can click on one of my own servers to play. Would you know what file/s I need to change the site/lobby address to get us hosting again?

It wouldn't be just for BHD Demo, but also Team Sabre Demo (feel free to ask), Demo with Master addon and pretty much any BHD related game/mod.

I can supply the BHD community the server, (aka a computer to host the lobby) if i knew what i need to create one.

Once I know what to change, I can make an installer so players can easily install the changed files and get things back on track.

Feel free to contact me directly if you like to keep this off the forums.

As a bit of butt kissing on my part, I have read many of your helpful tips, thus why I bother you with our problems on the BHD demo side of the world.

Skyway HOSTILE-HST

Thank you in Advance.

tom

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

didn't know DFBHDD was down too Shocked

we should be able to create a lobby for those games too but ppl will need to run an extra program that uploads status of there server to the lobby server. But i guess you better contact me on msn for more information and how we should create those lobbies and stuff

i'm still with vacation for the moment so can't be on-line that much for the moment

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
skyway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, have fun on your vacation, had no idea and didn't mean to disturb you.

I assume you have my email, so add me to your msn when ready and just let me know it's you so i don't block you.

I really don't think anyone will care about running an extra program when it comes to hosting and i can make an easy file change to redirect to the new lobby and then exe that and get it to all of the most desperate bhd'rs.

I have an idea how the hosting side works but the program i tried seemed limited on what site addresses i could enter, meaning, it will only allow an IP with port or simple addresses like dfzone.be, not the entire address to get to the lobby. Point is, we need a reliable program to take the existing nova address and redirect it to a new address without incident. BHD seems to be consistent on what IP address and port number it uses on the other hand, i have seen the hex and decimal changing each attempt I host.

I am surely a newbie at this, spent most my days altering picture files, not finding a new place/lobby to play on.

Hope to hear from you soon, but darn, enjoy that vacation!

Thank you for the reply,
Skyway

tom

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skyway wrote:

I have an idea how the hosting side works but the program i tried seemed limited on what site addresses i could enter, meaning, it will only allow an IP with port or simple addresses like dfzone.be, not the entire address to get to the lobby. Point is, we need a reliable program to take the existing nova address and redirect it to a new address without incident. BHD seems to be consistent on what IP address and port number it uses on the other hand, i have seen the hex and decimal changing each attempt I host.

it's enough to change the STARTUP.HTM file to redirect to dfzone.be (or other site) you don't need to change ips inside the memory and for hosting extra program is used it will still try to upload to novalogic but that won't do anything Very Happy

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
skyway

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct, the startup.htm is the easy part, it's the hosting, no hosting, no reason to change the startup.htm file.

I am leaning towards the 3rd party program like you did, any chance I could get a clue what you used?

Any keywords I can use for Googling would be very helpful. I don't mind reading about what I need, just having trouble knowing what that is, (what kind of server and software needed for making a lobby and the software used to redirect to that new lobby). The rest, I am almost sure i could figure out once I have the tools, "almost sure" Rolling Eyes

tom

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the program 'uploads' information to a php webpage every 30 seconds or something like that. It's written in VB6 using some classes and winhttp.dll. The uploading of information is just downloading a file like http://www.dfzone.be/lobby.php?servername=TSJungle&players=14 .... then there is some php code on the server that saves the servername, players,... parameters into a database also the port and ip.

Not sure but for the server in dflw demo it allows you to start the game without a reply from novalogic (this is one of those great bugs lol) i dunno if this bug still exist in bhd/tfd if not it will be difficult to start the host bhd may also work when hosting on LAN cuz it uses IP/UDP instead of IPX for LAN games

skyway

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW, I was stretching that "almost sure" to the limit, Shocked Lot of reading I will be doing!

BHD Demo will give an error when hosting where TS Demo, (a modded version of TS to work on Demo servers) does not give an error, loads up a map like normal as if connected to nova, but of course can't be. Soooo, TS might be a winner more so then demo.

I did try BattleLAN and managed to get 2 computers connected to a third running the program. Later that day I ran only one machine with BLan on it then ran over to my bro's place and tested it and was able to connect, but it is not reliable in the sense, you most likely could not connect. Not sure if that is My ISP or router, but I did test with ALL firewalls off. Anyhow, that is jumping off the subject, but it's an option if anyone knows how to get battlelan to work faithfully. Reason I brought that up is because of the line that mentions IP/UDP.

Seems Nova used a range of IP's to try and connect to there lobbies. Generally 12.166.151.200-255 (one program I used showed about 15 IPst connected (remote port 7597) perhaps an indication Nova has password'd the lobbies, not just firewall'd them. All info is not just for Tom, but I surely thank you Tom for your advise/help.

Not sure what IPX is, but I am sure Google will school me once again.

May I put a link to your site? I am sure many would like to read the forums and just stop by in General.

And, a big question, may I use your lobby as a test location trying to get BHD to connect? You may see HOSTILE once in a while if that is ok, and surely harmless to the lobby since I don't use crazy programs like some may try. TunnelEx is one I am trying out. If not, I totally understand, must protect your own. You or others may have seen HOSTILE, but I was using your program for hosting DFLW to get an idea how that works, similar to TunnelEx in a round about way.

tom

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure you can add a link to this site Laughing

yea it's no problem if you use demo lobby for it as long as it doesn't get spammed :p

BTW: i added you on msn

skyway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, I will add a link.

Curious, I finally got battlelan to work, was a simple fix once i realized i had my router settings incorrect, but I have a new question beings there is no "simple" fix to get demo back on the air....

Can a lobby/program be some what easily made to direct players to games using BattleLAN?

Example: there could be a site that once an IP was given to the admin, (could be anyone), it would automatically see if that person was online, aka hosting via BattleLAN or even another program you could activated to let others know you are hosting, sort of like flipping a switch to turn on a red light saying, "on air".

This switch then could be activated each time it detects the game being turned on, but as far as I am concerned, would be nice just to click on some EXE and known site will see that and say, someone is home.

Yes, I took my pills today, Very Happy

skyway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before you can say it, just realized it would be easy to "turn a light switch on" by using your program right from this site. No one could enter, so it would be important to put in description BHD Demo or TeamSabre, and so on to keep from any confusion.

Thinking out loud is all.

tom

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wat does battleLAN actually do? create a virtual network connection (VPN)? not sure if it's a good idea to use this but it's probly the only way since it doesn't allow you to start hosting anymore Sad maybe hacking the game in memory to jump over the error ? Laughing but that will be a hell of a job i guess. I wonder if it was novalogics idea to close this lobby of BHDD cuz they didn't put a message on it like 'game not supported anymore' as in dflw demo

creating a program for a lobby should be possible just copying the code and stuff

would it be an option to use the bhd full version .EXE and patch some files into the demo so that works and u should be able to host again i guess?

btw: what's ur site Question

skyway

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My site is www.hostile-hst.info

For Team Sabre, we have to use the "no cd patch 1.5" before it will get past the error and host.

Some claim you can't copy anything over from one exe to another. I would 'try' if i knew what to use on the EXE. Lots of hex programs, but would be nice to use the "right" one for a change, mine are only viewers of sorts.

BattleLAN lets you play in LAN mode, but instead of just being stuck on your own personal network, you reach out to the internet as well. I would have to say yes, it
s just like using a VPN and is IP specific and yes, with hamachi, someone, and won't name him! hehe, could see the name of my pc and did not say how he could, grrrrr. Hamachi has a nicer interface and you had everyone's IP entered to see who would be hosting. Last I tried, it did not work, yet again, I found a setting in my router that needed changed.

Hosting on a nova server despite any patching, never again i think, but I personally think, why not be able to fix up the exe to direct to another lobby, catch is, I noticed some Hex and Decimal info change each time I went to host. Perhaps the game trying to initiate a quick chit chat with the other side before is connects, that part all games do, but dang, how,.....mmmmmm

Anyhow, if you like, plow my site with messages, all fair in forum wars lol.

tom

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

using VPN is not really safe i guess that way ppl will be able to access shared files, shared printers and ur computer name unless you only enable TCP/IP protocol but n00bs will forget to do that. Also not sure if new players that never heard of something like that will be able to get it all working.

what actually happens when you start hosting (what i found out at dflw but i think it will be the same at BHD) the game sends some data to novalogic server that way your router will open a port automatically this way the server of novalogic should be able to send data back to the port at your router which will send it to your comp. The port that's now automatically opened at your router will be used at the lobby.

if the game receives the data back from novalogic it knows that it's possible to communicate in 2 directions and starts the game else it will show up the unknown error.
In dflw demo they forgot about the error and after like 10sec it will start the game anyway Smile

Novalogic thinks ppl are able to join your server now using the port forwarded automatically by the router BUT some routers only want novalogic server to use that port this is why some ppl are not able to host even not if they forward the right ports at there router.

hex editing the EXE will be a crazy job i think you'll need to know much about x86 assembler and stuff i'm not saying it's impossible but easier it should be to just replace the demo .exe with the entire full version exe and just creating a new lobby where ppl don't need to create account to be able to play.

also added a new page to the demo lobby which allows you to join any ip/port

skyway

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree about VPN not being 100% safe. I upload Hamachi with instructions on how to make it safer and now will add another comment for players to unshare folders or simply ensure they are not using file sharing in general if they can get away with it.

Computer I host with is always open, no firewalls even installed, but there is nothing on it considered "sensitive" and it's not on a network with any shared folders. I hope that is being safe enough.

Thanks Tom, seems you have you hands full on this site. Hope it's not too stressful and I hope I can some day be of help to you and this site.

Skyway

hasondea

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spent most my days altering picture files, not finding a new place/lobby to play on.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: